This week’s frugal finds are completely made up of things I got for free!
- A colleague had a birthday and brought quite some cake. Since I eat vegan I didn’t have any, but we came across the subject of food waste and I mentioned I would rather take some home for my boyfriend than seeing it going to waste. And he was lucky! I got to take a piece of brownie pie (apperently that’s a thing) home in my cleaned lunchbox.
- Last week we ordered some (vegan) pizza, because we were both exhausted and we just got a coupon in the mail. There was a piece of meat on mine, which obviously defeats the point of vegan pizza, so I sent a message and they were so kind to give me a free pizza with our next order.
- I am only just noticing that the rest of my frugal things all have something to do with chocolate… I did a short phone survey for a company and received a fancy chocolate bar in the mail as a thank you! Not necessary, but nevertheless a very kind gesture! Saved it to regift it since it’s not vegan.
- Me and my boyfriend follow dance lessons every week and one of our friends there works at a chocolate company and she was so nice to bring chocolate for us! Such a treat!
- Another colleague’s birthday! She made vegan chocolate espresso cupcakes (yum), and told me I had to take the rest home. You don’t hear me complain! Shared them with my bf and with my parents who I visited the next day.
I feel very lucky and happy to have so many kind people in my life! What are our frugal finds this week?