I’ve been on a frugal roll lately!
- I made dinner for a night with friends instead of going out to eat. Served one of my favorite easy recipes: quesadillas with black beans, avocado, corn, red onion and BBQ sauce. All together, including snacks, it was still cheaper than just a main course in a restaurant!
- Harvested two pumpkins from our garden. Sadly, these are the only two pumpkins, while last year I had five. This summer was not as great as last year, so it makes sense. I am looking forward to picking the cherry tomatoes, they are a bit late, but almost ready to harvest!
- Reading books from my stash. I cancelled my library subscription so I can finish reading the stack of books I have accumulated over the last few years. If I am not going to read them now, then when?
- Picked up a free supply of flowerpots through Facebook for my plant giveaways at work. The next day I found another pot in good condition at the side of the road!
- I’m selling quite some plants through Marktplaats, the Dutch version of Craigslist. My boyfriend is away for three weeks and I am trying to get the house in order before he comes back. So I’m cleaning up and making some money at the same time: it’s a win- win!